It doesn't matter whether your wearing your suit to work everyday, to a wedding, or just for a night out; there are a few things you should keep in mind to stay looking your best. so here are a few tips to help you along your way:
1. Make sure it fits...properly. This is where having a good tailor you trust comes into play. Your suit should not look like a sack you've thrown over yourself. It should be fitted to your body with a minimal break on your leg. If your unsure about how well your suit fits then stop reading and go see your tailor now. I'm serious, stop reading and get it fitted.
2. Accessories. A lot of guys never think of adding a little flair to their suits but it can make a world of difference and make a cheap suit instantly look far more expensive. All you have to do is anchor your suit with a few different pieces to add some style to the outfit. A few ideas are;
- Cuff links; this obviously presupposes that your wearing a french cuffed shirt. I suggest owning at least one white french cuff shirt as it adds a level of sophistication that a regular oxford shirt just can't match. As for the cuff link itself a plain silver one is always a safe bet.
- Tie Bar; There isn't much to say about a tie bar other than keep it simple with a nice thin silver one. Its a nice compliment to your suit and also holds a functional purpose of just keeping your tie out of your way and ensuring it doesn't accidentally get dipped into your morning coffee...
- Pocket Square; There are endless possibilities when your adding a pocket square to your suit, they are elegant and are a great way of showing off some style in your everyday wear. To start with I'd suggest just getting a plain white one because you wont have to worry about matching it with anything else your wearing. Don't worry about puffing it out of your pocket in any elegant way, just go for a straight line (think Don Draper in Mad Men) or check out this picture below
3. Throw in a bit of color. You don't always have to stick with a white shirt for your suit. Buy some shirts with a light color (blue, pink, etc) and pair them with a simple tie. Its an inexpensive and effortless way to change things up with your suit, especially if your going to be wearing that suit everyday.
- You know the drill, please SUBSCRIBE! and pass this on to other people.